2018 ATHENA Leadership Award Luncheon
The Sheboygan County Chamber of Commerce is excited to announce the nominees for the 2018 ATHENA Leadership Award, celebrating exemplary leadership, which will be held on Thursday, November 15th at Blue Harbor Resort & Conference Center in Sheboygan. The event is sponsored by Kohler Co., Prevea Health and Masters Gallery Foods.
The ATHENA Leadership Award fulfills ATHENA’s mission to support, develop and honor women leaders, inspire women to achieve their full potential and create balance in leadership worldwide.
The Chamber welcomes Portia Young, director of corporate communications for Sargento Foods Inc., as our keynote speaker. Her presentation is entitled “Lessons from My Mother.” In her role, Portia tells the stories of a great American company, that hires good people and treats them like family. Sargento leads in cheese innovation and has been named a Top Workplace in Wisconsin several years in a row. Prior to Sargento, Ms. Young was an anchor and reporter at three different ABC afﬁliates. Her longest tenure was at WISN TV in Milwaukee, Wisconsin where she was the morning anchor. During that time, she received several writing awards including two Emmy nominations.
“We are honored to be a part of this remarkable award for the second year now, that celebrates individuals who forge paths of leadership for women to follow,” said Sheboygan County Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Deidre Martinez. “Each nominee exemplifies the finest leaders within our county.”
2018 ATHENA Leadership Award nominees are:
• Marina Affo – USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin/The Sheboygan Press
• Jennifer Balge – John Michael Kohler Arts Center
• Heather Cleveland – Nourish
• Julie Conard - Samaritan’s Hand, Inc.
• Sue Dennis – Sheboygan County Food Bank
• Dana Elmzen – Sheboygan Senior Community
• Roberta Filicky-Peneski – Retired, Robert W. Baird & Co.
• Tammy Flora – Masters Gallery Foods, Inc.
• Lindsay Harrison-Eirich – Engaged Marketing Co.
• Amy Horst - John Michael Kohler Arts Center
• Cindy Huhn – Cleveland State Bank
• Lisa Hurley – Aging and Disability Resource Center
• Lynn Justinger – RCS Empowers, Inc.
• Erin Kelley Groth – Amazing Grace Equine Sanctuary
• Nina Kohler - Sweet Potato’s Boutique/Alchemy by Nina Kohler
• Kully Kollath – Samaritan’s Hand, Inc.
• Sheri Mondloch – Golden Harbor Assisted Living/Platinum Communities
• Tammy Pelletier – UnitedOne Credit Union
• Tamara Remington – Sheboygan Police Department
• Emily Rendall-Araujo – Above & Beyond Children’s Museum
• Lola Roeh – The Osthoff Resort
• John Rogers – Sheboygan County Chamber of Commerce
• Judith Ann Schmidt – Made New Again/Kaleidoscope
• Jodi Schoerner – Masters Gallery Foods, Inc.
• Allison Thompson – Meals on Wheels of Sheboygan County
• Teresa Van Horn – Van Horn Automotive
All nominees are invited to attend; the winner will be announced at the event. For more information or to register for the 2018 ATHENA Leadership Award luncheon, please visit sheboygan.org or call the Sheboygan County Chamber at 920-457-9491.
Please join us in thanking our sponsors:
Premier Sponsors: Kohler Co., Prevea and Masters Gallery Foods
Diamond Sponsor: Sargento Foods Inc.